Sunday, September 7, 2008

Angel Pin

December 2004 I wrote my good friend, the most godly woman I know and told her everything. She replied.

He is Lord
Dearest Ruth,
This angel was pinned on me at the hospital after my surgery – the bilateral mastectomy. I asked God to heal me- He spoke to me, “I can use you more this way.”
The angel was a reminder He was with me, and He had angels around me.
This is a heart gift from me to you.
I love you dearly.

A Poem I wrote this Morning as I Sit in Indecision

Still waiting, listening to God speak
Still waiting and healing from all grief
I know people whisper
Judge and fill in the blanks with
Whatever pleases them
To their shame
But I am still waiting, listening to God speak
Still waiting, healing from grief
When every thing around you falls apart
When you retreat to silence in the dark
And God whispers in your ear
Listen to that and draw near
But You will never hear his voice
If you can only see another’s choice
And judge what you don’t know or understand
Whatever happens filters though God’s hands
I am still waiting, listening to God speak
Still waiting, healing from grief

No comments: