Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Movement

It has been interesting to watch the dynamics of my world change over the last few weeks, or maybe it is more like the last few months corresponding with the seasons changing. Seems slow, there is a sense of change that comes first followed by evidence of the reality of change, or God moving.

So I am moving on to a new chapter of my life. I hope to find some remnants of myself carried forward, like the strength and faith that moved me through the hard times. I hope to reclaim some, like a sense of ease that allows me to notice the way the sky changes or how someone tells a story, the newest flower that has bloomed in my yard.

The first thing I did after receiving and accepting the job offer was to drive to Frisco and sit with my church family and shout songs aloud like “How Great is Our God,” while the sun set through wisps of clouds defying the chance of rain and giving us the best conditions for an evening of prayer and praise.

No comments: