Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Just a brief debriefing as I wind down after class. I used to refer to this as therapy, when school messed with my mind and I needed to reorient my thoughts and emotions. School can mess with your mind so it is best to take care. I guess I am just getting used to UTD and college talk. You, know. I really like the kids. Anyway, tonight was child development class, how emotions develop, how children learn to regulate them, temperment and attachment. It was all fascinating… like when babies learn to smile and how they learn emotions from parents. Makes me think of when my kids were little. My sister told me you can’t spoil a baby. That is what my teacher says too. Love them to death. I had hip babies, if they wanted held, they got held. I learned to do everything with one hand. Last time we learned the best way to increase a child’s intelligence is while they are young and their synapses are connecting to hold them and talk with them. Babies love people especially their moms. There is so much a mom can do to nurture a child. It’s been too cool to study this.

On a different note. Sometimes you hear something and it just helps you a lot. So I have been thinking about what was said and asking those questions… where do those thoughts come from? I usually know, that’s a no brainer. So I do have a choice. Who am I going to listen to? My Father. I got a lot of comfort from that.



My favorite picture. I will have to scan a few of my baby ones.




(hint, hint.... hiking)

No comments: