Monday, February 23, 2009

Mode of Operation

When I sit down to write I almost always free write, good or bad. When I take pictures I almost always take them and am very grateful for the digital format so I can waste as much image as I want. I frees me up, because it cost me nothing but time. But I don’t think discipline is bad, or a strategy or finding what works. I have so much to learn.

I have so many new things in my life and the freedom to explore them, so much to learn, and never enough time. I just plod away. I take photos when I can, draw within a deadline, create, work on the web, my portfolio when that seems possible, form a poem when my attention is drawn to the awe of life. Dance.

I have been down of late and I am not sure why when there is so much richness in my life and the boys are here and there is peace. And I am learning to trust God like I have never before. How can that be bad? So many people in my life speak truth to me and encourage me. I am just beginning to notice I have a very nice life, one to be really, really thankful for.

Maybe I just need more sleep in order to see this more clearly day in and day out.

When I sit down to write I almost always free write and when I lay it down and pick it up and reread it, it makes sense, which is always weird, because when I write it I don’t usually know, I am just getting it out and putting it down.

No comments: