Sunday, July 13, 2008

Another surprise

I don't even know what I have in that basket of poetry magazines. This is from the Florida State Poet's Association Anthology Five(1987)


Passover


Breaking bread
dried wine bottoms a glass


leftovers
among the ruins
of yesterday's gathering


the candle wax
already
fallen
where it may


This is a good one. We celebrated Seder with our former roommate Susan who is Jewish, now a completed Jew. She lived with us on and off. It was my impression of the celebration. I just wanted to comment that it was passed, something old, maybe beautiful, but discarded. Susan wasn't practicing her faith, me neither. We invited our friends, I think there were eight of us. Rob and Cindy came. Rob is Susan's brother. Chris came. He became a believer a little I before did, Susan a few years later.

No comments: