Monday, July 7, 2008

Reflection on being bed ridden on a long holiday.........

Well I was
sad and
whiney
I slept til noon each day
Doctor’s orders
a fever
body aches and pains
quizieness abound
so I subsisted on
Tylenol and juice
no food
no coffee
but tea was nice
both hot and iced
(I was trying not to rhythm
too bad)

I thought about
what I could do if
I lifted my head from
the pillow but
that was no fun
I watched two
movies and wrote
a review
I snuck out and
took photos
bought fruit and
then another day in
bed to recoup
(I was trying not to rhythm
too bad)

I slept through
worship
read my Bible in bed
thought about
writing those
devotionals
articles
and how to's
but not me
I did algebra instead
got an 80 on the
quiz I almost forgot
then Scott
left for New Orleans
(I was trying not to rhythm
too bad)

I went back to
work and
hurt some more
But now I am going to sleep
because I need it
Doctor's orders
you know how that is
and how well
I listen
so tell me
how much trouble
am I in?
(I was trying not to rhythm
too bad)

No comments: