Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Divine Encounter

I do a business card layout for a woman I will call Shannon.* When she picked it up I askd her what she did. The business name is Re-wire Productions. She said she was filming a documentary. For some reason… I asked her, “is it faith based?” She said yes and no. Then went on to explain that until recently she and her husband owned a fast food franchise. What she is doing now is after she got an idea in in a Bible study group, Beth Moore’s Daniel, she is taking a group of women to India to film a documentary. She talked about discovering your friendly captivity. This is hard to explain because she only has bits and pieces of what she is doing. God is opening doors and she is walking through them. The whole time she talked I had godbumps all over me. I encouraged her that she was listening to God. Be encouraged.
The friendly captivity is being caught up in the comfort zone. She wanted to open them up to the third world.
The premise is, she is taking a group of well connected Dallas woman to a third world nation. Through the work of a faith based project they are exploring the lives of the women in India they come in contact with. Shannon is interested in what these American business women will do in response to this encounter, their response to each other. Some are believers, some are not.
My connection to Shannon was the process which God is speaking to her. No clear picture, but as doors open, walking through them. I told her about art ministry and the work at the shelter. She asked if she could pray for me. She thanked God for the divine encounter; it was obvious to us both. Then she prayed that like Joseph I would be restored.

No comments: