Saturday, August 2, 2008

just turned to Sunday



that
solitary star
only hope can know



I was going to leave this poem by itself but I have somethings to say. First from my Bible study on Judges and an incident with Scott. After a huge disappointment that angered him, he says, "they can't take the experience away from me. I learned a lot and I am glad for that."

The question from my Bible study was what does God want to use, a gift, an experience... I realized I cannot let people take from me what I have learned, earned as I was diligent in all I did . I am just that way. Everyone who knows me knows that, to almost a fault, miss compulsive. I guess I see God can do whatever he wants to with that, I certainly will not get in the way with unbelief.

The lesson really was on when God tells us to do something do we put conditions on it. Boy am I tempted to. I have done numerous things in the past I believe were in obedience to God that did not turn out well. So I am a little hesitant. Even as I think of Paul being thrown out of cities, beaten and if God says go back into the city and teach, he did. He went to Jerusalem knowing he would be arrested. Hesitancy is the same as disobedience. I think of Good Friday. How costly it is to follow Christ. So I struggle.

No comments: